Friday, August 29, 2014

Poolside Pastimes


Under a canopy of
  autumn toned leaves,
a shady, summertime spot,
 I plant myself daily
with my favourite anthology
and plenty of good food for thought.
 

I am poolside.
Propped up near my pretties,


and not far from the feline
that likes to flirt with the lens,


a pastime of his own,
 for which he is well-known,

 

 and one he can even do in his sleep!


But I digress.
So, back to my maple, 
my umbrella of
 leafy protection,
to lose myself in
 a poet laureate's
words of whimsy
and witty finesse.

 

Thanks for visiting,
and have a lovely week!

1 comment:

  1. ihre bilder sind wunderschön!!! die katze ist soooooo süß!!! ein schönes wochenende wünscht angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate hearing from all of you! Have a great day!